Planning an event in support of the “Just for Kids” (JFK) Foundation is a fun way to help make a difference for sick children at The Montreal Children’s Hospital (MCH) and their families.
JFK is grateful for all efforts on its behalf, and can help you coordinate a special and successful event. These community events (also called third party events) can include golf tournaments, hockey, baseball and soccer tournaments, walks, barbeques, or whatever else you can think of. No event is too big or too small!
Fundraising Events provide a fun and entertaining way to bring community together while helping raise funds for sick children.
Once you have decided on the event, please don’t forget to register your event by filling out the Event Proposal Form. Note that these events must be approved by JFK prior to publicizing or holding events. For guidelines on how to organize a successful event, download the Community Event Guidelines Form.
If you’re seeking information that isn’t included here, or would like to become involved in one of our exciting fundraising activities, please call Jean Stutsman at 514.989.7673
Looking for a non-fundraising role? Become a volunteer. We are always looking for people who can help out both on the day of the event as well as in the time leading up to it.
Special thanks go out to past supporters of community events, and following are some testimonials….
- ‘‘ The Montreal Children’s Hospital is near and dear to the hearts of Merck Frosst’s employees. We are proud to be associated with the excellent work that the “Just for Kids” Foundation does, and we encourage other organizations to support this truly worthwhile cause.’’
- Joan Daignault, Merck Frosst Employee Charity Trust Fund
- ‘‘We held a summer time BBQ that involved our entire staff. JFK provided us with promotional materials and a DVD that went a long way in helping us reach our fundraising goals. We are very proud to fundraise for such a worthwhile organization, and have fun while doing it!”
- Shari Bergman, RBC Financial Group
- ‘‘The Children’s Corner has been supporting the “Just for Kids” Foundation for over 15 years because it truly is for the kids. Through our many bake sales and other fundraising events, we have tried to make a difference for the children. We hope to continue that support and we hope that you will too!’’
- Shelley Davis-Richer, The Children’s Corner, Director
An ongoing initiative since our inception, JFK has raised thousands of dollars for the purchase of life-saving equipment through our Charitable Collection Boxes campaign.
If you are or know of a potentially interested retailer offering products or services of any kind or if you run a professional office, we encourage you to place one of our boxes next to your cash register or at your reception desk. It is an easy way to help us raise funds. You would be surprised how quickly small change from your patrons and patients adds up-every bit counts!
We would be proud to recognize your support as a participant in this initiative in our Newsletter.
For further information on obtaining a Charitable Collection Box, please email us at or contact us by phone at 514.989.7673.